Saturday, May 12, 2012

Marge Margulies

I found this amazing artist, she is  a Graduate from the Philadelphia college of art in 1981

 'the intend of the work is to give the impression of movement and fluidity.
  It is very much about the color as well as random and conscious groupins,
  which can resemble things found in nature. Intended as centerpieces,
 my centerpieces, my compositions also work very well for mane food-related uses.
 The combining of carious separate form elements achieves, i hope, 
a whole which is greater than the sum of its parts'


All her pieces are wheelthrown, altered and painted with colourfull glazes. They are very lightweight as a result of Marge's intention to throw in an even, well-ballanced way. All her pieces are also dishwasher and microvable safe. I think this woman is going to inspire me:D







No comments:

Post a Comment